This course will teach participants to determine how a negotiation will conclude before it even starts. This Negotiation Skills Training Course provides participants with practical negotiation techniques applicable to negotiation in many contexts and situations. This course will arm you and your team with winning negotiation skills and tactics so you feel better prepared, more confident and have greater control in the negotiation process.
Why should you enroll?
The course will give the learner the confidence and skills to be able to plan and implement a successful negotiation. The learner will be able to recognize manipulative tactics, and deal with them, and will be better able to find creative solutions that lead to a win: win outcome. The course will help participants (negotiators) to determine if they have gotten a fair deal or not. This programme will teach participants to determine if they will win or lose before a negotiation even starts, to spot dirty tricks from a mile away, to take the essential steps of a skilled negotiator and more.
What are the topics covered?
The program covers the following main areas:
- Your values and how they impact on your negotiations
- Understanding the nature of the gap between you and the other party
- What does win:win really mean?
- Preparing for a negotiation
- know yourself and your preferred negotiation style
- being clear about your aims, setting objectives
- finding out as much as you can about the other party's needs and aspirations
- developing a strategy for success
- Conducting a negotiation
- establishing a productive environment
- your negotiating team and their roles
- opening a negotiation
- five top tips for negotiators
- recognising and dealing with 'underhand' tactics and manipulation
- finding imaginative solutions rather than beating the other party into the ground
- Skills you will need
- assertiveness - how to be assertive, but not aggressive, in negotiations
- questioning skills
- listening skills
- summarising and synthesising skills
What is the duration?
This is a 2 days course
Who should attend?
This course is designed to provide an introduction to the basic skills of negotiation and is suitable for anyone who negotiates with suppliers, partners, customers or colleagues.The course is designed for anyone whose work involves negotiation or persuasion - with individuals or in groups. This is for all people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.